About Me
- Tafa Ohana
- AlOhA. I Am frOm hAwAII, A tOwn cAllEd mIlIlAnI. I Am mArrIEd tO A wOndErfUl mAn nAmEd chrIs. hE Is frOm thE frIEndly IslAnds Of tOngA. wE hAvE A bAby bOy nAmEd kIlIkA. (It Is thE hAwAIIAn dErrIvItIvE Of ChrIs, whIch mEAns "sIlk"). hE Is fUll Of EnErgy And kEEps Us On OUr tOEs. hE Is A lOt Of fUn And wE lOvE hIm dEArly.
My Blog List
-
-
Christmas Movie6 years ago
-
Is this your best?10 years ago
-
My Little Sunshine12 years ago
-
Goodbye....say something12 years ago
-
Sabbath Day12 years ago
-
Did you know...12 years ago
-
Up-cycled dresser13 years ago
-
-
four.14 years ago
-
Kolt turned 1!14 years ago
-
Yeah it's official.15 years ago
-
Friends
Blog Archive
Saturday, September 4, 2010
So, my brother-in-law tied the knot last week, and was sealed in the Oakland, CA temple. Chris, Kilika and I were priviledge to have been able to go and share this wonderful experience with him. Fortunately, so was his father, mother, younest brother and sister. Yes, Chris's family (minus one brother, his wife and two kids) were able to get a visa to come to America to join in the festivities. It was the first time I have met them, and it was wonderful. Papa is a quite, and very knowledgable man who doesn't like to show his emotions. Nana is a wonderful woman full of love for everyone, and especially the gospel. Lei, is like any 17 year old kid, still trying to find out who he is. Hisa, loves to have fun and enjoys being in the company of friends and family.
For those of you who don't know, Hilamani (the one who got married) is a twin (he is also who we named Kilika after...Kilika Kaimipono Hilamani Tafa). His twin died when he was young, I think around 5 or so. He was hit by a bus when they were all walking to school one morning. So, when we were in the temple, on our way to the sealing room to wait for the couple, Nana (Their mom) heard someone calling her name. She was looking around expecting it to be someone that was behind her trying to catch up, but no one was behind her, and she heard her name being called again. She then felt peace, and automatically, Hilamani's twin popped into her mind. He was there at his brother's sealing, and he was letting his mother know that he was there.
The sealer did an AMAZING job. He brought the spirit in the room so quickly and strongly. His words were for the couple about to be sealed for time and all eternity but it touched every heart in that room. There was not one person who didn't received the peace, knowledge, comfort or answer they were searching for. It is sad to say but it has been such a long time since I have felt such a strong presence of the spirit and it definetly brought peace to my heart. I had forgotten what it was like to receive such inspiration while in the temple. I can't wait for the Laie temple to open again, and I am planning to attend as soon as it's dedicated.
Well, with all that's said, the wedding was beautiful, the reception was beautiful and I enjoyed my short trip. I will hopefully be posting up pictures soon. Now, it's back to work while my hubby and son have fun playing in the mainland with my in-laws. It's going to be a long two weeks without them. I don't know what I am going to do with all the time I will have left over in the day that is usually dedicated to taking care of them.
For those of you who don't know, Hilamani (the one who got married) is a twin (he is also who we named Kilika after...Kilika Kaimipono Hilamani Tafa). His twin died when he was young, I think around 5 or so. He was hit by a bus when they were all walking to school one morning. So, when we were in the temple, on our way to the sealing room to wait for the couple, Nana (Their mom) heard someone calling her name. She was looking around expecting it to be someone that was behind her trying to catch up, but no one was behind her, and she heard her name being called again. She then felt peace, and automatically, Hilamani's twin popped into her mind. He was there at his brother's sealing, and he was letting his mother know that he was there.
The sealer did an AMAZING job. He brought the spirit in the room so quickly and strongly. His words were for the couple about to be sealed for time and all eternity but it touched every heart in that room. There was not one person who didn't received the peace, knowledge, comfort or answer they were searching for. It is sad to say but it has been such a long time since I have felt such a strong presence of the spirit and it definetly brought peace to my heart. I had forgotten what it was like to receive such inspiration while in the temple. I can't wait for the Laie temple to open again, and I am planning to attend as soon as it's dedicated.
Well, with all that's said, the wedding was beautiful, the reception was beautiful and I enjoyed my short trip. I will hopefully be posting up pictures soon. Now, it's back to work while my hubby and son have fun playing in the mainland with my in-laws. It's going to be a long two weeks without them. I don't know what I am going to do with all the time I will have left over in the day that is usually dedicated to taking care of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Beginning
New Addition
3 comments:
hey lala, welcome home! check out our blog...got some updates!
finally. an update!!:) love you!
I'm glad that you were finally able to meet your family LoLo and to feel the wonderful peace of the spirit.
Post a Comment