About Me

My photo
AlOhA. I Am frOm hAwAII, A tOwn cAllEd mIlIlAnI. I Am mArrIEd tO A wOndErfUl mAn nAmEd chrIs. hE Is frOm thE frIEndly IslAnds Of tOngA. wE hAvE A bAby bOy nAmEd kIlIkA. (It Is thE hAwAIIAn dErrIvItIvE Of ChrIs, whIch mEAns "sIlk"). hE Is fUll Of EnErgy And kEEps Us On OUr tOEs. hE Is A lOt Of fUn And wE lOvE hIm dEArly.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Okay, I always get these puzzle things, and I suck at them. It all makes sense to me after I know the answer, but finding the answer....that's a different story! I think that they are cool, and that they can really help someone learn the skill of solving things...but it's just not for me. I am the type that just wants to know the answer!! So, here goes...enjoy

The following puzzle is a fine example of what is called a "detective puzzel:" Based on clues supplied in a narrative, one is to answer a question by applying simple, man-on-the-street logic to the information (not all relevant) supplied.

On an odd little street in the town of "Somewhere", there are five houses in a row. Each house is a different color, and each is inhabited by a man of a different nationality. Additionally, the owners of the houses also have their differences: each owner has a different pet, prefers a different drink and works in a different profession.

A detective, charged with the task of discovering who drinks water and who owns the Zebra, gathered the following information, itemized for your convenience:

1. The Englishwoman lives in the red house
2. The Spaniard owns a dog
3. Coffee is drunk in the green house
4. The Ukranian drinks tea
5. The green house is immediately to the right of the Ivory house
6. The engineer owns the snail
7. The diplomat lives in the yellow house
8. Milk is drunk in the middle house
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house on the left
10. The doctor lives next to the owner of the fox
11. The diplomat lives next to the owner of the horse
12. The teacher drinks orange juice
13. The carpenter is Japanese
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house

so....
Who drinks the water?
Who owns the Zebra?

HAPPY SOLVING!!!

1 comments:

Uila said...

Are you kidding me with this puzzle? We're going to try but it's not promising!!! By the way, so glad I saw you on here! Sorry we missed you this past Christmas. I had to cut my trip short to come back to Vegas. Now we can keep in touch better. Love you guys!

The Beginning

The Beginning

New Addition

New Addition

1 year old

1 year old

2 years old

2 years old